A Day of Many Firsts: Madlum Cave and Mount Manalmon

Saturday, January 09, 2016


Just a while ago, I conquered my slight fear of everything (lol) and gone hiking and spelunking. It was my first time to try those and it was an unforgettable experience! One of my new year's resolutions is to try something new every month and I never thought I'd be able to do that in just one day.


We went there primarily because of a school project, which is to collect insects. As a biology student, I knew that animal kingdom is more diverse in provinces than in metro. As I was researching on where to go, I felt a little anxiety just by browsing through the photos of hikers. After final deliberation with my group mates, we finally agreed to go to Mount Manalmon, San Miguel, Bulacan, Philippines. Not only because of its 2/9 difficulty level but also the other recreational activities you can try there.


How to get there? From Cubao, hop on a bus bound to Gapan/San Miguel or Cabanatuan and hop off to Brgy. Camias, San Miguel, Bulacan. From there, flag a trike to Sitio Madlum. Bus ride will cost you P117 while trike ride costs P245/ride (max. of 3 passengers).

Hiking #OOTD lels
Upon arriving the place, a clear, flowing river will welcome you. You can either try bamboo rafting or the Monkey Bridge to pass through the river or which in our case, pass through the hanging bridge.



Trekking to the summit will start from passing through the Madlum cave—the spine-chilling cave where most guerrillas seek refuge a very long time ago and Madlum river. Our guide also told us that this cave was used as a hideout of Ravenas from the previous speculative fiction television drama series, "Mulawin".


What made the hike worth it is this breathtaking view from the peak
Hiking is definitely on my bucket list and I'm glad I can now tick it off. The 2-hour trek is worth it with a view like this from the peak. What makes it more fun is because of the company I have.

Survivor Philippines pose daw hahaha



We had our lunch by the river where you can have a quick dip and relax. The river has shallow and deep areas up to 21 feet. If you're up for a challenge, you can also try cliff diving.


Mount Manalmon is an easy hike for beginners. The trek to the summit usually lasts an hour or less in a normal pace, but it took us 2 long hours to reach the peak.

READ: The Day of Many Firsts // 02

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram