Photo diary: San Felipe, Zambales

Thursday, June 22, 2017


I've always loved going on long roadtrips whether, with family or friends. Weird, I know but I find it more fun than being inside an airplane flying for long hours. I get to enjoy the scenery. I get familiar with places I only see on the internet. It gives me peace.


I honestly don't have any plans of going out of the town this summer. I just want to sleep in and catch up with family and some of my closest friends, but nine months inside the so-called 'bat cave of a med student' can drain energy. Don't get me wrong though. I am not complaining, but it's a must to take a break for a while and just unwind. My sister was the one who convinced me that I should go and boy, she wasn't wrong! I had fun and I had the best sleep ever in my life!


We arrived at San Felipe, Zambales around ten o'clock in the morning. We had breakfast and went trekking, unfortunately, the falls is still dry due to intense summer heat so we just stayed there for a while to appreciate the beauty around us.


I was glad I agreed to go with them. Everything was too beautiful. I never felt so relaxed ever since I hopped on the bus en route to the MD dreams. I don't have to worry about anything else except drowning and being fed up by the waves lol but really, it was just so much fun. It feels so good to disconnect a while from everything and to not think of anything else. I cannot stress enough how beautiful the experience was, most especially because I am with some of the best people in my life.


Traveling for long hours were nothing compared to the beautiful scenery the place has to offer. I felt like I was lost for a moment and regain myself back. I wish I could stay there forever, if only I have the luxury to, I would without second thoughts. Being there felt free, liberating, peaceful...


People looks happy and life looks simpler compared to the busy and noisy life in the city. I felt like I regained all the energy I lost during school days. It was such a healing trip, finding the pieces of me that was lost..


Thank you for letting me discover myself more even if it leads to the old parts of me—finding pieces of me that I thought was long gone. It's true what they say: Tan lines may fade, but the memories will last forever. Until we meet again, Zambales! 

ALSO CHECK OUT PAULA'S VLOG HERE!


Photos by my awesome friends, Paula and Ben!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram