What med school is all about

Saturday, December 17, 2016

First two months of med school was not easy. I was failing, but people think I wasn't. I was tired and it even came to the point that I told my parents that maybe, this journey is not for me. I was giving up already. Then, I woke up one day asking myself why in the first place, I wanted to become a doctor... Then it struck me: I want this and I couldn't imagine myself doing anything aside from this and I realized that first year in med school is not about surviving. It's about learning everything you need to learn then apply it on second year.

If you happen to be on the verge of giving up, ask yourself: Why do I want this? Then re-assess your study habits, experiment and find that group of people who helps you become motivated.  The truth is, you might just have underestimated your abilities. Never set the boundaries and do not be afraid to go out of your comfort zone. In med school, you will learn a lot of things. You will meet a lot of people. My tip is be nice and be kind bcos you don't know what each of you are going through to survive.

Med school isn't all about the grades or the assignments or ever about strutting around with your stethoscope hanging around your neck playing pretend doctor.

Med school is about the belief that, someday, maybe, we might make this world a better place.

It is about hope.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram