On Discovering Myself, Meeting People and Getting A College Degree

Wednesday, April 20, 2016



It's been a week since I officially graduated from college and can you believe that it's sinking into me just now? haha! I kind of running out of topics to write and I'm still on high from the last week's ganaps so I decided to look back and write down some of my most unforgettable experiences in college for remembrance in the future. Here they are:

1) Getting a grade of 3.0 back when I was in the freshman year.

I know some of you would ask why and yes, this is on top of my list. My professor (and one of the best!) gave me a grade of 3.0 in a major subject. It was a nightmare for some to get a grade of tres on any of the major subjects and I was a happy-go-lucky student back then. For that, I almost lost my status as a regular student. That was a turning moment and from then on, I pushed myself to study more, read more and do my best every examination. So, thank you, Sir!




2) Pushing myself out of the comfort zone for the sake of discovering myself.

I came from the College of Science or what the others called as 'College of Nerds' because duh, science, math, chemistry, and psychology? haha! Kidding aside, when I was in the dilemma of which career path to take and to think that I wasn't good enough in my chosen course, I dived into different ventures to know where I am really good. I love everything about fashion and so I joined fashion design competitions. I am not very good in writing, but I still tried to submit articles online. It wasn't easy to juggle all these extracurricular activities, but it made me realized what I really want to do in the future. It was fun!


3) Attending events, concerts, birthdays and family gatherings and then, having a long examination the next day.

I had few experiences of attending extracurricular activities whilst reviewing for a long exam the next day. I am lucky to have parents who did not pressure me from getting high grades, but I guess the pressure from within is strong. I know college can be stressful, but I believe that there is no harm in having fun once in a while. Just make sure that you know what your priorities are.




4) Meeting people and knowing who your true friends are.

I met some people in and out the school premises. I am not really outgoing and I'm kind of an introvert (still learning!). I am just lucky to have a bunch of people who believed in me. These people whom I call my friends are the ones who stood by my side no matter what happens. If you have friends like them, be sure to keep them.


5) Being able to handle different situations I am in.

Whatever situation you will be in always know that everything happens for a reason. :)

I must say that staying in college isn't as easy as it looks. Some people might say that studying is boring; well, in fact, studying is the best way to nurture yourself. The knowledge that you will get from your experiences is something that others cannot just steal away from you and that is something you should be proud of. Study hard, kids and do not forget to enjoy. It will be hard, but it will be worth it.

Thank you, Pamantasan! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram