Cream Silk Transformations: Spotlight on the #ModernFilipina

Tuesday, January 26, 2016


Just a few days ago, I was fortunate enough to score invites to  #CreamSilkTransformations event along with a friend and it was my first time to attend an event as big as that.


Held at World Trade Center, Cream Silk teamed up with the country's top magazines - Mega, Meg, Metro, Preview, Cosmopolitan and YES! to set-up booths. It was a whole day event loaded with heaps of exciting activities for the goers.

Cream Silk Hair Transformation Booth
Preview's talk about "The Evolution of Philippine Fashion and the Modern Filipina" by Ms. Pauline Juan, Ms. Isha Andaya and Mr. Owen Sarmiento
Meg's talk entitled "Ready-Set-Work: Unlocking the Girl Boss in You"

There were workshops on fashion, beauty, confidence building and hair care. We weren't able to visit the other booths due to long queue, but this one got to be my favorite. We were given a makeup loot after the fun coloring activity. (Nasubukan dito yung makeup skills ko heehee)

My version of day makeup! haha
Thank you Meg x BYS and Cream Silk!
And the highlight of the event was the live cover shoot unveiling the transformations of the Modern Filipinas!

Ms. Julie Anne San Jose for Meg
#DarNadine hehehehe
Heart Evangelista-Escudero for MEGA
Rachelle Ann Go for YES!
Coleen Garcia for Preview
Yassi Pressman for Cosmopolitan

At nagpunta talaga kami sa event na ito to support YassDine!

Nadine Lustre for METRO
"The Modern Filipina has become both a spotlight and a beacon. She has evolved into a fearless and trailblazing individual determined to realize her dreams and make a positive impact in the world."

Last, but not the least, Miss Universe 2015 Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach made her first official public appearance in Cream Silk #ModernFilipina event.


I'd say that I am a Modern Filipina because I am not afraid to take risks. Not anymore. Gone are the days that I used to keep everything to myself and let anxiety attack. As a victim of bullying, I was used to spending time alone because I feel safe. It didn't serve me well especially when attending social events. Little by little, I tried to change. Yes, it' s terrifying, but it's also exceptionally satisfying.

Your turn! Share your story on social media and use the hashtag #CreamSilkTransformations ! Let us join Cream Silk in inspiring and empowering others!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram