Library of Souls

Tuesday, October 20, 2015


As the story opens, sixteen-year-old Jacob discovers a powerful new ability, and soon he’s diving through history to rescue his peculiar companions from a heavily guarded fortress. Accompanying Jacob on his journey are Emma Bloom, a girl with fire at her fingertips, and Addison MacHenry, a dog with a nose for sniffing out lost children.

They’ll travel from modern-day London to the labyrinthine alleys of Devil’s Acre, the most wretched slum in all of Victorian England. It’s a place where the fate of peculiar children everywhere will be decided once and for all.

Like its predecessors, Library of Souls blends thrilling fantasy with never-before-published vintage photography. (Source: Goodreads)

It only feels like yesterday when I first read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and met the awesome author of this book, Mr. Ransom Riggs. Now, it's down to the last installment of his first novel.
"Hi! Your book is awesome. Can you please sign it in the cover?" "Oh. Here? That is awesome!" "Can we take a selfie?" "Of course, I would love to! That is my job as an author. Thank you very much!"
As soon as I got hands of this book, I just can't wait to read  and write about this favorite series of mine. So today, I'll talk about this beaut-the final installment of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

I have to be honest, the first installment of this book did disappoint me a little because I thought it would make me want to go to bed early. But it did not. What makes this series more interesting is the series of odd photographs you will find inside. Every photograph has a story tied into it which I think creates a strong bond between the story and the reader. These photographs gives the story an aura that is haunting and at the same time fascinating.

So last night, I finished reading the third installment, Library of Souls and it just left me smiling. I'm the type who doesn't like predicting the end just so I don't get disappointed and yes, this book did not disappoint. I enjoyed reading this book so much, the cliched, "I couldn't put it down," doesn't suffice. This book is the reason I'm wide awake until midnight. It was one of the books that was so good, you will get annoyed when someone disturbed you because it will ripped you away from the precious story. It was action-packed with a little drama and romance. Still, I had the best adventure ever in the peculiar world.

I am still hoping that it's not yet the end, a spin-off maybe? Actually, the author could write separate novels about different loops and Peculiars, and it would never get old.


Rating: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So if you are looking for something spooky, extreme and brimming with crazed marvel, well, you might want to prepare yourself, as this series will haunt you forever. No I'm just kidding. But it's the kind of book that I'll definitely re-read after 1-2 years or so. How I wish I've gotten myself a poster and the preview copy. But thank you, Mr. Ransom Riggs  for making me feel like I'm one of them and I'm part of the peculiar world. I loved it so much. I really can't wait for the release of the movie.


What are your thoughts on this book/series? Let me know on comments section below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram