My name is not Mara Dyer

Friday, July 10, 2015


One of my favorite trilogies to date is Michelle Hodkin’s Mara Dyer trilogy. It’s a paranormal thriller trilogy that will give you the creeps. It’s thrilling and it’s dark and haunted and it’s good to actually take a break once in a while reading bittersweet love stories. I’ve been eyeing for this book for months but I think it’s a bit expensive. Then, there’s something about this book, like an aura calling me that I couldn’t resist. I picked up the book and started reading the first few lines. It started with this cryptic letter,

"My name is not Mara Dyer, but my lawyer told me I had to choose something. A pseudonym. A nom de plume, for all of us studying for the SATs. I know that having a fake name is strange, but trust me —it’s the most normal thing about my life right now. Even telling you this much probably isn’t smart. But without my big mouth, no one would know that a seventeen-year-old who likes Death Cab for Cutie was responsible for the murders. No one would know that somewhere out there is a B student with a body count. And it’s important that you know, so you’re not next. Rachel’s birthday was the beginning. This is what I remember." 

Usually, the second installment is a blahh but this one is really good. Things start to pick up, the plot quickens, and Mara and Noah is starting to get answers to their problems. The romance between the two is very smooth, which only strengthens my love for this trilogy.

P.S. I love the cover so much that I asked my sister to shoot these pictures. How I wish I was wearing a dress that day I think it would look awesome! and don't judge, we're not professionals! :p



I loved this book knowing that the story is inspired by true events. I'd like to see this book on screen, of course and I think it's going to be big. If you are a thrill-seeker and love dark love stories, I am recommending this book to you and I think you'll enjoy the spine-tingling events of this book/series. Get to know more about Michelle Hodkin's Mara Dyer Trilogy on maradyer.com.


Rating: ★   ★   ★   ★   


What are your thoughts on this book/series? Let me know on comments section below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram